2023 MBGFC Junior Tournament
Unfortunately, due to (another) terrible weather forecast, the tournament committee has had no option but to postpone the event scheduled for this coming weekend. Winds forecast to be well over 20 knots, combined with a swell forecast to be over 2 metres could be hazardous to small craft and certainly won’t do much to encourage our youngsters to spend time on the water catching fish.
The postponement date is the following weekend – April 22nd and 23rd. We understand that this decision won’t suit everybody, and this could affect the number of juniors able to enter the tournament. An update on whether the tournament will proceed due to weather, or any other reason, will be provided by next Wednesday, April 19th.
The club is still committed to the NZSFC Youth Nationals and will pay the entry fee for this nationwide tournament for any Junior who is a member of the Mercury Bay Game Fishing Club.
If you have not already entered the junior competition and would like to fish the Youth Nationals for Mercury Bay Game Fishing Club, please let the office know asap so we can get you registered.
On behalf of the Tournament Committee