As part of stage 2 of the town ‘upgrade’, TCDC is proposing to build a pedestrian refuge in the middle of the road directly in front of the clubs’ driveway.
– Under the proposal there will be no right turn into the driveway (from Buffalo Beach direction) and no right turn to exit the driveway (towards Monk St).
– The council engineers have calculated turning curves using a ‘medium’ size truck and a car towing a 6.1m boat. They concede anything larger may encounter problems negotiating the entry and exit of our driveway.
– Most trailer boats are now bigger than 6.1m and the turn will be tight with any sort of trailer.
– The truck that delivers the beer from Lion (65% of our tap beer sales) is a lot larger than ‘medium’ and probably won’t be able to turn into our driveway. Getting them to use a smaller truck is not an option (has been previously discussed).
– The configuration and location of the proposed pedestrian refuge is likely to significantly hamper the club’s ability to operate as we have done in the past – we only have one entry and exit point and we don’t want it blocked.
– The plan also has reduced boat trailer parking and no overflow parking at Taylors Mistake for peak periods.
– The club will provide feedback to TCDC regarding our concerns but we are only one voice and more will be needed to get them to change the plan. Feedback forms can be obtained from council offices or you could email the project manager Andrew Boden at firstname.lastname@example.org .
– We have several hard working club members who are employees of TCDC but are not involved with this project. If you wish to provide feedback to TCDC please use the correct channels and don’t question our members about it as this will have no positive effect.
BOOK LAUNCH - 3PM at the MERCURY BAY GAME FISHING CLUB SAT 18TH JANUARY, 2020 “Dying for a Living” by Milton Kiri Meet the author who has penned the many-thought processes necessary to stay alive as a deer shooter in helicopters some 40 years ago. The lifestyle he...
MERCURY BAY GAME FISHING CLUBVHF CH 65 MEMBERS POLICYMercury Bay Gamebase Radio channel 65 is owned and operated by MBGFC for the benefit of their members and associated club members to report any fishing activity or communication to the fishing...
Here is a link to our official sponsors grid which is now on our website.https://www.mbgfc.co.nz/…/…/Sponsors-Grid-19-20-A4-Final.pdfLaminated hard copies will be included in starter packs for all our tournaments. If you need one sooner, you can pick it up from the...