As part of stage 2 of the town ‘upgrade’, TCDC is proposing to build a pedestrian refuge in the middle of the road directly in front of the clubs’ driveway.
– Under the proposal there will be no right turn into the driveway (from Buffalo Beach direction) and no right turn to exit the driveway (towards Monk St).
– The council engineers have calculated turning curves using a ‘medium’ size truck and a car towing a 6.1m boat. They concede anything larger may encounter problems negotiating the entry and exit of our driveway.
– Most trailer boats are now bigger than 6.1m and the turn will be tight with any sort of trailer.
– The truck that delivers the beer from Lion (65% of our tap beer sales) is a lot larger than ‘medium’ and probably won’t be able to turn into our driveway. Getting them to use a smaller truck is not an option (has been previously discussed).
– The configuration and location of the proposed pedestrian refuge is likely to significantly hamper the club’s ability to operate as we have done in the past – we only have one entry and exit point and we don’t want it blocked.
– The plan also has reduced boat trailer parking and no overflow parking at Taylors Mistake for peak periods.
– The club will provide feedback to TCDC regarding our concerns but we are only one voice and more will be needed to get them to change the plan. Feedback forms can be obtained from council offices or you could email the project manager Andrew Boden at email@example.com .
– We have several hard working club members who are employees of TCDC but are not involved with this project. If you wish to provide feedback to TCDC please use the correct channels and don’t question our members about it as this will have no positive effect.
FISHING Once again I haven’t had a lot of feedback this week. It’s probably due in part to the sea conditions which for much of the week have been unfishable. Fortunately the forecast for the next week or so is much better and with the Tristram Marine Open and the ...read more
FISHING Once again, not a lot of feedback this week although a number of people took to the water on our National Holiday mid week. It seems there were plenty of snapper caught in the Puddle and out behind Centre Island but other than that I didn’t hear much. Out...read more
FISHING There have been plenty of boats out on the water most days notwithstanding the wind speed, however I haven’t received much feed back regarding the success rate. I’ve heard there are plenty of pannies in the river and we had an excellent day out wide last...read more